This day trip takes about 3 to 4 hours’ drive. Ngorongoro Crater is 190 kilometres from Arusha Town. The trip will start in the morning after an early breakfast. You will be picked from your hotel and driven from Arusha to Ngorongoro Crater. After registration at Ngorongoro Crater Gate, you will begin a full day’s game drive. The crater is a deep caldera described as the largest unflooded and unbroken caldera in the world. It measures 20 kilometres across, 600 metres deep and 300 square kilometres in area. Ngorongoro crater is a breathtakingly beautiful and scenic conservation area supported by year round water supply and fodder. It supports a vast variety of wild animals including herds of wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, eland, warthog, hippo and giant Africa elephants.
Another attraction of the Crater is its dense population of predators, which include lions, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs and the ever-elusive leopard,. The latter sometimes requires a trained eye to spot.
You will take a break from game viewing for lunch after which the afternoon game drive will commence until late evening. You will be transferred back to Arusha for a well-earned rest and overnight stay at your hotel.
- Park fees
- All Taxes/VAT
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- Professional drivers/guides
- All transportation
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- All Meals (As specified in the itinerary)
- Drinks (As specified in the itinerary)
- International flights
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips form safari driver/guide and chief
- Personal items
- Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees